Chaos Rises (Chaos Rises #1) by Pippa DaCosta [eARC]

Ranking: 
Title: Chaos Rises
Series: Chaos Rises, #1
Author: Pippa DaCosta
Published: June 29, 2016
'When the veil fell, any half bloods not strong enough to withstand Chaos were torn apart. Some, like me and my brother, survived The Fall. Most did not.

That's the good news. The bad news saw a whole other world try and devour ours. Demons, we call them. They came in countless waves. Destroying. Killing. Many people thought it was the end...

The Fall lasted a week.

Tens of thousands died.

Hell almost claimed our world as its own.

And then, from one day to the next, it was over. The veil came back, stronger than ever. I'm not sure if anyone knows how it was put right. But I do know it's been six months since The Fall, me and my brother are on the run, and the leftover demons aren't the most dangerous things in LA.
We are.'
I received a free advance digital copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. 

This is the very first book I read from Pippa Dacosta, and I must say that the book is quite good. When I was reading some reviews for this book, I didn'nt realize that this is a spin-off story for one of her series. It was a little bit confusing at the start, but it just totally fell into place after a few chapters. There is no massive romance in this book which a lot of books usually has. But it did not lessen how entertaining and good this book is.

There are 2 things that I really had a hard time making myself comfortable with. FIRST is the writing style of Pippa. Although I have read a lot of urban fantasy book, this book definitely had me a very long hours before I get used to how the author narrates the story. The world-building, and plot was good. I just find myself buffering with the information sometimes. SECOND, the ending is a cliffhanger. Yes, you heard it right, incase you are a type of person who is totally not comfortable of a cliffhanger endings, well I think you need to wait for the next book before you start, hahahah. But there is no guarantee that the second one won't be.

Overall, this book is entertaining, it has a good plot, and good world building. I will definitely read the next sequel for this series.


0 comments:

Post a Comment