United as one by Pittacus Lore

Ranking: +
Title: United as one
Series: Lorien Legacies, #7
Author: Pittacus Lore
Publication Date: June 28, 2016
The Mogadorian invasion has come to Earth, and they have all but won the battle for our planet. Their warships loom over our most populous cities-like New York City, Tokyo, Moscow, Beijing, and New Delhi-and no army will risk making a move against them. The Garde are all that stand in their way . . . but they are no longer alone in this fight. Human teens from across the globe, like John Smith's best friend, Sam Goode, have begun to develop Legacies of their own.

The Garde have always known there is power in numbers. If they can find these new allies and join forces with them, they just might be able to win this war. The time has come for the Garde to make their final stand.

Can't explain how much I really loved this series. The ending is really sooo good and I just love how everything ended. I must say that this series had consistently took the place as #1 read every year. And if you think the series will bore you in some point because of how long the series is, think twice. Every book is packed with action, battle of super powers and unexpected twist and turns. You won't be able to put this book down. I actually read the entire thing in one sitting, it was that amazing.

"And if you think you're about to die, Sam, I want you to remember this moment. Remember that we're fighting for this, for the future. Our future."

And just like the previous books, the author never forget to include Sam. I am really happy that John's bestfriend was able to make it in the very end of the story. I was actually kinda' scared that his character might die. But horray! He did not.

The book has an alternating POV. But what I realy like are the POV of John and Six's. And as much as I'm okay having other Garde's  perspectives, it was clear that John and Six are the main Protagonist in this series. I for one agree that they are the strongest among all of the Garde, emotionally and physically.

What also makes the book interesting is that there is an introduction of Human Garde. I am actually not convince before that the Garde's will be able to defeat Setrákus Ra. With the huge number of Mogadorians, it was really not possible for 6 alive Garde's to defeat a fleet of enemies. But then.. Well, suprise suprise. The author just made a huge twist and happening in the second to the last book.

This series has consistently kept its fast-paced plot and unpredictable storyline. Maybe it is also one of the reason why I loved this series so much. The final battle was everything I hoped for.  It was definitely a page turner. There is always a hanging possibilities for people to die, and I was always worried who will die this time. But overall, I love how everything ended. Its just more realistic if you ask me. Not so much happy ending despite what happened with the characters. But I do love how the ending initiated an idea of a possibilities for its characters.



0 comments:

Post a Comment