The Last Star by Rick Yancey


Ranking: 
Title: The Last Star, (The 5th Wave, #3)
Author: Rick Yancey
Published:  May 24, 2016
The enemy is Other. The enemy is us.

They’re down here, they’re up there, they’re nowhere. They want the Earth, they want us to have it. They came to wipe us out, they came to save us.

But beneath these riddles lies one truth: Cassie has been betrayed. So has Ringer. Zombie. Nugget. And all 7.5 billion people who used to live on our planet. Betrayed first by the Others, and now by ourselves.

In these last days, Earth’s remaining survivors will need to decide what’s more important: saving themselves…or saving what makes us human.

Disappointed. This is the only thing that comes in my mind after I finished this book. The first few chapter are oh so painfully slow, I just wanted to stop. And reach for another book instead. But you see, I need to finish this because I need to know how Yancey will be able to pull off a very good ending for this alien invasion. And sadly, I did. not. like. it. There are a lot of vague details. So much questions left unaswered. I didn't even had the opportunity to know why this aliens invades Earth and decided to exterminate humans. Tsk.

There is also a loss of romantic ambiance between the characters. I was just hoping how everything will work out between them, but yeah! Rick also totally killed me there. And did they just had -- sex?

Here is an excerpt from this book:

My hands roamed his body, an undiscovered country, which henceforth I shall call Evanland. Hills and valleys, desert plains and forest glens, the landscape pockmarked with the scars of battle, criss-crossed by fault lines and unexpected vistas. And I am Cassie the Conquistador: The more territory I conquer, the more I want. 
My face is hot. I’m thinking of the night I landed on the shores of Evanland and planted my flag upon that sculpted beach. 

What? Am I a poet now? Or Am I wrong? This is totally shit when I read this phrase. I am really not into deep words and double meaning expressions so I can't say anything about this except: Argh!!!!!!

*Sigh* I really do not know what more to say about this book. I just wanted to get over this and start another book just to cover up my feelings after this. But hey! Its only me, if you totally enjoyed reading this, I wish I was just like you. But I just can't. This book rip my heart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment