Stolen Magic (Dragon's Gift: The Huntress #3) by Linsey Hall [eARC]

Ranking: +
Title: Stolen Magic
Series: Dragon's Gift: The Huntress #3
Author: Linsey Hall
Expected Publication: June 20, 2016
Being a FireSoul has its perks. Cass Clereaux can find any type of magical treasure—or steal any type of magical power. She’ll pick hunting treasure any day because she doesn’t have to kill for it, but that doesn’t mean she hasn’t stolen powers. She needs them to stay alive. Because a fight to the death is the least of what she can expect if other supernaturals find out what she is, she’s become an expert at laying low.

When her friend is sucked into a magical portal, she’s the only one with the power to help him. But what she uncovers is a danger greater than she’d ever imagined—and linked to her past in a way she’d never expect. Worse, the portal puts her whole town at risk. As the threat grows, she must confront her fear of losing control of her new powers, or lose any hope of saving hundreds of lives.

I received a free digital copy of this book from the Author in exchange for an honest review. Thank You Linsey!

Again another story and adventure was executed marvelously in this sequel. I was so captivated in the story and the moment I started it, and I could not put it down. And just like the first and second book, I was head over heels IN LOVE with all the characters!

The Characters All the female protagonists in this book are badass, witty and definitely my favorite book-bff's. All the characters has a strong character. There is also a Girl power thing in this book that makes me admire this book so much. No all crappy female damsel-in-distress kind of thing. But pure I'm gonna kick-your-ass sweety kind of thing. And Its my decision to make, not yours kind of thing. SO yes. Every character will surely get into you.

Strong camaraderie Just like the first and second book her deirfíur Del and Nix are present. And just like I said, the refreshing thing about this book is the essence of sisterhood inspite of them being not related in blood. There are also characters in this book that will be part of Cass's inner friends. There is an unconscious alliance being formed in every book that I seem to notice everytime Cass's was doing good things using her Firesoul. And really I can't wait for the moment when all this people stand up for her and her deirfíur when the time comes that their power was revealed. I can feel, deep in me that, this people they helped, will be a great part of the acceptance of the Firesoul in Magica Society.

The Romance. I just love how Aidan and Cass love for each other starts to develop. No insta-love, but simple gestures that will make you smile that they are truly meant for each other. I love how they take their time in knowing each other. There are possibility for them to be in a more serious relationship, and I can't wait for it to be official for them. *giggling* The romance that brewed between Cass and Aidan was heartwarming.

The World Building and Plot. Okay, this is the part that I actually like in this series. Every book has its own story and adventure for Cass and the gang. And every book gets better and better. Every book tends to reveal tid bits of Cass's lost memories that leads to some answers and more questions in return that will make you crave for the next book. As for the plot, it was solid. Sooo action packed and fast paced, it was ever present in the story. It never let down and in all honestly, I am so happy it didn't loose its pace from the start up to the beginning.

"So rare," the man muttered, hi eyes alight with greed.
I thrashed, but pain and my bound hands made me weak. The flame was eating me from the inside, consuming me. My vision was fading.
The man's face twisted with frustration. Sweat dripped down his temples.
"Why isn't it working?" He shook me.

My verdict, this sequel is fiercely good, that ending set so much potential for the next sequel and seeing as how Cass's well, lost something makes me swell with anticipation on what will happen next on the next book. I know the fourth book will blow me away and I'm sooo looking forward to it very much.


0 comments:

Post a Comment