Love Me Never by Sara Wolf

Ranking: 
Title: Love me Never
Series:  Lovely Vicious, #1
Author: Sara Wolf
Expected Publication: April 5, 2016
Read the book that Kirkus Reviews called: "A complex, witty page-turner, ideal for YA fans of scandal and romance."

Don’t love your enemy. Declare war on him.

Seventeen-year-old Isis Blake hasn’t fallen in love in three years, nine weeks, and five days, and after what happened last time, she intends to keep it that way. Since then she’s lost eighty-five pounds, gotten four streaks of purple in her hair, and moved to Buttcrack-of-Nowhere, Ohio, to help her mom escape a bad relationship.

All the girls in her new school want one thing—Jack Hunter, the Ice Prince of East Summit High. Hot as an Armani ad, smart enough to get into Yale, and colder than the Arctic, Jack Hunter's never gone out with anyone. Sure, people have seen him downtown with beautiful women, but he's never given high school girls the time of day. Until Isis punches him in the face.

Jack’s met his match. Suddenly everything is a game.

The goal: Make the other beg for mercy.
The game board: East Summit High.
The reward: Something neither of them expected.

Previously published as Lovely Vicious, this fully revised and updated edition is full of romance, intrigue, and laugh-out-loud moments.

First, I am torn between giving this book a 4 stars or a 3 stars. But after a deep thoughts of weighing what pros and cons this book has, I decided to give it a 3. First I wanted to say how I partly enjoyed this book and how some scenes tends to confuse me.

Pros:
Changing yourself for a better you. What I loved about this book is the story of girl who was hurt by her first love and yet used this as a ground for her to change into a better her. She used to be fat, fell in love with a wrong guy. Was hurt and abused.
Interesting plot and mysterious past. Okay, what really kept me entertained and eager to finish this until the end is the mystery behind what happened with the main characters.
Isis - What exactly happened 3 years ago? What are those things in her wrist? What exactly did when "Nameless" do to her?
Jack - What leads him to be the Ice Prince?
Wren and Avery - Why are they so afraid of Jack? What did they do to Sophia 5 years ago? Why is Jack so mad at them?
Sophia - What happened to her? What is the connection between her and Wren, Avery and Jack?

Cons:
Isis and her babbling of non sense. This is the major disappointment for me. I actually hate the protagonists way of babbling and saying incoherent things. The author could have lessen this. I was actually confused sometimes, and annoyed. There is a difference between being smart mouthed and a total non sense babbling.
A very shallow reason for Isis to declare war on Jack. If you read the book, You might agree with me that the very reason for why Isis declared war on Jack is so, so... pathetic. I mean yeah! I understand that she can see herself on how Kayla was treated by Jack in the party. But Isis way of annoying Jack just to have him say sorry to Kayla is just too much.

So there, I actually don't have anything to say. Although there are somethings that I do not like about this book. I am still considering on reading the second sequel. Still looking forward for what will happen after that cliff hanger ending.

0 comments:

Post a Comment