Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Ranking:
Title: Beautiful Creatures
Series: Caster Chronicles, #1
Author: Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Published Date: December 1, 2009

        Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she’s struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps, and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town’s oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.
In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.


"Mortals. I envy you. You think you can change things. Stop the universe. Undo what was done long before you came along. You are such beautiful creatures."

 Now this really gives me a smile. I've seen this book in a bookstore which is on their Top ten Teen books. I got curious, read the teaser at the back and it captured my interest. And now I've just Finished the book last month and I can say that it gives me the HUGE impression. Wherein I haven't been able to put it down.

  The authors have written a seamless and utterly absorbing tale of a cursed romance: a Mortal boy who falls for a Caster girl in a small Southern town. My meaningful thoughts about love, loyalty, and prejudice unfold from this intricately parsed novel. So I'm giving it 5 stars.! :)
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment