Partials by Dan Wells

Ranking:
Title: Partials
Series: Partials Sequence #1
Author: Dan Wells
Published Date: February 28, 2012
Humanity is all but extinguished after a war with Partials—engineered organic beings identical to humans—has decimated the population. Reduced to only tens of thousands by a weaponized virus to which only a fraction of humanity is immune, the survivors in North America have huddled together on Long Island. But sixteen-year-old Kira is determined to find a solution. As she tries desperately to save what is left of her race, she discovers that that the survival of both humans and Partials rests in her attempts to answer questions about the war's origin that she never knew to ask.

Playing on our curiosity of and fascination with the complete collapse of civilization, Partials is, at its heart, a story of survival, one that explores the individual narratives and complex relationships of those left behind, both humans and Partials alike—and of the way in which the concept of what is right and wrong in this world is greatly dependent on one's own point of view.

Supports the Common Core State Standards.

A very REMARKABLE book! I was really planning to buy another book instead of this one. But I guess reading all the reviews and feedbacks here at Goodreads is what pushed me to read it. Adding up with a very promising remise of this book. And I would never regret reading this. ^^,

The book was a mix of dystopia and post -apocalypse. The scenes and plot was really interesting and unique in its ways. With all the Genetic engineering thing, it really captured my interest so much. Well PARTIALS are a genetic altered human-like beings, which is initially created as a tool for military. But as the story goes on, something happened that leads to the extinction of Humans. Only few peolple survived and this people was able to developed an certain immunity from the RM.

Medical Terms. Disease Stages. Cell degeneration. A lot of Science. The book is over flowing with this things. I must admit, although I was a registered nurse, and was exposed with this kind of terminologies, I was still confused with somethings this book introduced.

Politics. Power. Control. This book is definitely one of those books that describes dirty tactics in Politics. Politicians who are willing to take lives of others for their own benifit.

"Then all at once, like a thunderbolt in her brain, Kira saw it-- the deeper secret she couldn't see before. The senators wanted to use this explosion to win back the Voice, but that would never work if the Voice had been the ones to set the bomb: They know the Senate was lying. The only way to blame Samm was to use an event that no one knew the truth about, and that meant the Voice didn't set the bomb.
For the Senate's plan to work, the bomb had to be set by... the Senate. "
-Chapter 26 pages 315-316

The Characters. Kira, I really liked her character, Smart and Strong. She is definitely matured at age of 16. Although I must remind the readers that if you are a kind of reader who become attached with some character, like I am, this book will definitely wrenched your heart whole. Some of the great characters died. But I think with the whole saving-the-world-from-being-extinct justifies the need for someone to sacrifice their lives. So YES, I kinda' accepted it that someone has to die. But I can't help it to be sad.

Anyway, in my point of view, I think some of the Partials are good. I was still weighing myself if I should really trust Samm's character. He lied once, but he made up for it in the end. And if it was really the Human who created the RM, I think it only serves them right that the extinction happened to them. If the Partials are really created to serve the Human Race, does it give the Human Race the right to make an experiment on them and treat them inhumanely? I know they are not Human, but they are genetically engineered to be liked us right? They were only modified to be a lot more stronger than us. Samm can still feel, I bet all Partials do, and He still has an emotion based on the book. The Partials suffered, they are not allowed to live their post, can't move to other places, can't study what they want to, can't take what they want to. It's a living Hell right? In the other hand Humans suffered, they got extinct, 99.99 % of them died but it's there own fault right? They created all this things, I wouldn't be suprised if I learned they also created the RM. So Why not just forget everything and why not try to fight together with the Partials? And Save the Human Race.


I am definitely reading the next sequel of this book. A lot of puzzle and mystery was left hanging in the end of the book. The TRUST who the hell are they? Maybe I will just sit read another book, and wait for the FRAGMENTS release though.


0 comments:

Post a Comment