Angelfall by Susan Ee

Ranking:

Title: Angelfall
Series: Penryn & The End of days , #1
Author: Susan Ee
Published: August 28, 2012

It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again. 
This is a  GOOD BOOK!

I really don't know where to start but I think I will be starting with the reasons why I LOVE this book.

First, I love how the story flows. Since the beginning, the story was over flowing with mystery and action. The book was able to capture my interest until the end. There was never was dull moment. And I will definitely guarantee you that.

Second, The Setting. I have been into a lot of Fallen Angel stories. And this book is way different from all those stories I've read. It was common that angels are good (because that is what we normally know) Although, sometimes there are some bad ones who became the antagonist of story. But NEVER, in those stories that Angels are the one who will cause destruction and Apocalypse among humans. YEAH, this book is about WAR between HUMAN and ANGELS In a Post-apocalypse setting. Way different right? I must also say that after reading the book, I was still thinking on how will the second sequel will be. I was really clueless on how the story will flow next. 

Third, the love interest between the two Protagonist. The love between the two was narrated in a very mild way. The action, the mystery and the love story just blends so well that it ends in a very beautiful story. 

The thing I HATE about it: 

I NEED TO WAIT FOR THE SECOND SEQUEL AGAIN.! SERIOUSLY?! If I happen to have a heart condition I might find myself in the hospital a long time ago. Hahahha!!!!

Okay. As an over all I was really having a hard time giving it 5 stars. Hello?! The book deserves more than just 5 stars! It was really GOOD. DAMN GOOD BOOK. I was really hoping the second book be out in a matter of time. :(


0 comments:

Post a Comment