The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong

Ranking:
Title: The Awakening
Series: Darkest Powers, #2
Published: April 28, 2009
My name is Chloe Saunders, and if you had met me a few weeks ago, you probably would have described me as an average teenage girl - someone normal.

Now my life has changed forever and I'm as far away from normal as it gets. A living science experiment - not only can I see ghosts, but I was genetically altered by a sinister organization called the Edison Group. What does that mean? For starters, I'm a teenage necromancer whose powers are out of control: I raise the dead without even trying. Trust me, that is not a power you want to have. Ever.

Now I'm running for my life with three of my supernatural friends - a chraming sorceror, a cynical werewolf, and a disgruntled witch - and we have to find someone who can help us before the Edison Group finds us first. Or die trying. 

It's official! I'm in love with this teenage wolf!
This book is engaging and more action-packed like the first book. Just when I thought Kelley won't surpass the perfectness of the first book, apparently she did. I think she is one of my favorite authors now.

In this book, there are more action and intense scenes. The main characters (Chloe, Tori, Derek, and Simon) had developed their abilities dramatically. Also, there was more information told and found out about the Edison Group and werewolves which was fascinating in any case.

After this, I can say that I am officially a fan of the Darkest Powers Trilogy. And I am already looking forward for the third sequel by the end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment